Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mr Body Massage Machine, GO...

Body Massage.



I just love that clip.

So, welcome! You made it here, you must be interested in bodywork one way or another. I am not sure what styles the fellow in the GI Joe PSA is practicing, but he has a good sense of humor, huh? I like to flatter myself that I do, too. Hopefully you, as well.

Because "Kick Ass Massage" as a title may seem a questionable choice to you, I'll explain.

Have you ever received bodywork and felt it was so much fluff? Have you had a therapist who did not listen to your assessment of your body/situation? A therapist who had their "routine", and that was what you got? Have you ever left the table feeling just the same as when you got on?

That is weak practice.

Now, contrastingly, have you ever gotten up off the table and felt your chronic _________ (insert musculoskeletal condition here) to be on the mend? Have you had a therapist whose "routine" is to adjust that session's work to your concerns of that day? Who listened to, and actively sought your thoughts on your situation? Have you ever received bodywork based on a sound understanding of human anatomy and a genuine interest in health?

This is my practice. It is kick ass.

No comments: